Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baked Asparagus with Butter Sauce

Cooking the meat/main dish in the crock pot most days (which is yummy, but also a necessity with a toddler) has allowed me to spend a little more time on my side dishes.  This is now my absolute favorite way to cook asparagus.  Asparagus used to be my least favorite veggie of all.  And then I started trying it cook in different ways & realized it was actually quite good.  It has such a savory flavor, even when just plain.  I buy most of our groceries at Costco these days.  I LOOOVE Costco.  Their eggs, produce, & meat are available at such great prices.  And their produce is really good most of the time (there are rare occasions where we get something not so perfect).  I normally peruse the produce department for a fresh veggie each time I go & since it's such a big amount of it I then find several different ways to cook that veggie so it's not so boring to my family.  So I do actually have a few other ways that I cook asparagus, but this one is hand's down the favorite of myself & my whole family.  It's so bright green & perfectly cooked & the sauce/glaze is super good too.  Bon appetit!!

BAKED ASPARAGUS WITH BUTTER SAUCE

1 bunch asparagus, trimmed & washed
salt & pepper
2 Tablespoons butter (or vegan butter alternative)
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar

*preheat oven to 400 F
*place asparagus on baking sheet, lightly brush with oil & sprinkle with s&p
*bake 12 minutes
*while baking, melt butter
*remove butter from heat & stir in soy sauce & vinegar
*pour over asparagus & serve

No comments: