Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Gluten Free Double Chocolate Muffins

 
The texture of these is a little spongy to me.  I will probably revamp the recipe at some point, & edit this post here when I do so, to improve the texture.  But they do satisfy a chocolate craving just fine despite the texture. 
 
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Muffins
 
1/2 Cup butter (or butter alternative if you want dairy free)
1 Cup sugar (I use evaporated cane juice)
4 eggs
2/3 Cup cocoa powder
1/2 Cup potato starch (NOT potato flour)
1/2 Cup tapioca starch
1/3 Cup white rice flour
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon xantham gum
1/2 Cup oil (I use sunflower oil)
2/3 Cup milk (I use almond milk)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 Cup chocolate chips (I used semisweet)
 
*preheat oven to 350 & line or grease muffin tins
*cream butter until fluffy
*add sugar & beat until creamy
*add eggs, one at a time, incorporating fully before adding the next
*combine dry ingredients in separate bowl & add 1/3 of this to the butter mixture
*add oil & blend in
*add 1/2 of the dry ingredients & blend in
*add 1/2 of the milk & blend in
*add the rest of the flour & blend in
*add the rest of the milk & blend in
*add the vanilla & blend in
*gently fold in the chocolate chips
*fill the muffin tins with batter & bake 15-20 minutes
 

No comments: