Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Coarse-Gritty Not Too Sweet Cornbread

This is personally my favorite corn bread recipe.  I like my corn bread VERY corny.  I like it nice & gritty & not super sweet. 

Corn Bread

1 Cup yellow corn meal
1 Cup flour
1/4 Cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 Cup oil
1 egg
1 Cup milk

*combine dry ingredients in a bowl & mix well
*combine oil, egg, & milk & mix well
*stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just blended
*pour into well buttered 8" square baking pan
*bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean

Note 1: recipe may be doubled & baked in a 13x9x2" pan

Note 2: I have many times made these in cupcake tins & they turn out great

Note 3: if you use an egg replacer & non-dairy milk this is a vegan dish

No comments: