Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Crock-Pot Hot Lemon Blueberry Cake

I have always liked blueberry.  And I have always liked lemon, especially lemon desserts.  But when you combine the two together I LOOOOVE the results.  For a long time I thought this was just my personal heaven, but lately I see the combination everywhere, so I certainly can't be alone. 

This is also a great moment for me because I have finally pulled out my 6 quart crock pot & was able to use it for this recipe.  I use my 3 quart far more, but there are some things, this recipe included, that call for a 5-7 quart crock pot. 

There is a little prep work involved, but it really wasn't hard or time consuming.  I hope you enjoy this.  While it turned out good, it was really a "just ok" recipe for me.  There really was no "pudding" texture, but the "cake" turned out nice, like a sponge cake.  The aroma in the house was sublime & the flavors are very nice, I'm just not sold on the texture.  If you try it please let me know how it turned out & how you liked it.

Crock-Pot Hot Lemon Blueberry Cake

1 Cup fresh blueberries
4 large eggs, separated
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
4 Tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1 2/3 Cup milk
1 Cup sugar
1/3 Cup all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt

*oil the inside of a 5-7 quart crock pot
*spread blueberries over bottom of crock pot
*beat egg whites until soft peaks form & set aside
*whisk egg yolks, add zest, juice, butter, & milk; whisk until blended
*stir together sugar, flour, & salt & add to egg yolk mixture; beat until smooth
*fold egg yolk mixutre into egg whites
*transfer batter to crock pot; cover & cook on high for 2 1/2 hours
*allow cake to cool slightly before serving

No comments: