Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Falafel

I happen to LOVE falafel.  I do not like garbanzo beans, unless they are in falafel or hummus.  I have never tried to make falafel prior to this, so I have no idea how "authentic" this recipe is.  It seemed a little bland to me, like it needs more cumin & parsley maybe.  But once I dipped it in the lemon tahini dressing (recipe to follow) it was pretty good.  The dressing zips up the flavor of it quite nicely I must say. 

Falafel

1 3/4 Cup cooked garbanzos or 1 (15-16 oz) can of garbanzos, mashed well
2 Tablespoons wheat germ
2 Tablespoons bread crumbs
1 egg, well beaten
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt to taste

*mix all ingredients together & form into about 16 balls & flatten slightly
*fry in a little oil about 3 minutes on each side over medium heat
*serve with lemon tahini dressing (recipe to follow)

No comments: