Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

TGIF's Jack Daniel's Sauce

I LOOOVE making sauces.  I often just create my own random concoctions & then create a myriad of recipes from it by finding a million ways to use that sauce.  This is not one I created myself, but it is a favorite of mine.  We rarely eat out, but once in a while we do.  This sauce is the only reason we set foot in TGIF's.  I was thrilled when I found this recipe!  I usually at least double it when I make it, & I sometimes even quadruple it.  It isn't a quick recipe to make, so plan ahead & that's why I make such large batches when I do make it.

TGIF's Jack Daniel's Sauce

1 head garlic
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2/3 Cup water
1 Cup pineapple juice
1/4 Cup teriyaki sauce
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 1/3 Cups dark brown sugar
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
3 Tablespoons minced white onion
1 Tablespoon Jack Daniel's whiskey
1 Tablespoon crushed pineapple
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

*roast garlic in oven at 325 F for one hour: place head of garlic in casserole dish, drizzle olive oil over, cover dish & bake
*when garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze it out (almost like squeezing tooth paste out of the tube), remove all papery skin & mash well
*combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, & brown sugar, stir occasionally & bring to a boil
*reduce to a simmer, add garlic & whisk it in
*add the rest of the ingredients to the pan & let simmer briskly for 1 hour, or until the glaze reduced by about 1/3--it will still be "thin", but as it cools down it should be slightly syrupy & thick

Note: You can use this over fish, chicken, beef, veggies, rice, anything you can possibly think of

No comments: